Sunday, October 25, 2009

super tired, but happy

today my nurse preceptor gave me the best comment that i could ever want.
when talking to her about my secret desires to be a flight nurse and work shock trauma.

i never felt confident enough, and i never knew how i would react in emergent situations. in situation in high stress.... i get scared that i would totally freak out.
but yesterday watching discovery health shock trauma... and seeing the nurse riding the helicopter with a guy who had a sliced artery made my mouth drooooool with anxiety. and they get wear RED jumpsuits.

i was explaining all of this to my preceptor, how i was not confident enough....and i think i may be a spazz ball.
but she told me "no sofia. you will stay calm. you are a very calm person.. you would do great at that..."

REALLYY!???????????
the nicest thing i have heard from somebody i really respect.
maybe i can be a freaking shock trauma nurse... and ride helicopters.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

hehehe, you just posted this entry 6 minutes ago... and i'm commenting! yeah, i'm not creepy.

in times of trouble, i would want you to be my nurse! that'd be awesome. then again, i'd never want to be injured in any way.

i think you can be a shock trauma nurse! helicopters are kinda scary though. and loud. very loud.