Wednesday, November 14, 2007

car drive

i was talking to my dad. and he ended up asking me how my car was doing, since the stupid thing was causing me so much trouble in the last couple of days.

we made some small talk about cars, here and there. when i brought up the desire to one day own a honda accord. that was the only kind of car was drove, when we were still living in the states. and i guess for some reason that just brought back a flood of memories for my dad. he then started to talk about how when i was a baby they had to drive me around, till i fell asleep in the car. it was light blue accord ( i remember) and everytime they got to a stop light i would wake up screeching.
so whenever they needed me to calm me down they had to go driving...
he was speaking randomly and fondly...
that my throat tightened up so badly. conversations with mom doesn't usually illicit any form of tears or lump in the throat syndrome. but conversations with dad does, for some strange reason. maybe it's because somehow he always makes it sentimental or the talk diverts into either my safety/ well being or when i was little.

it was hard trying to not let the tears spill out, cuz i miss my parents both of them so much. that i forget, it just kind of goes away. however, conversations like those spark a crying fit. which just reminds me that i am still a BIG baby.

SIGH... argh.. what a day.

1 comment:

sangeun said...

i don't think crying = babyish behavior. i love a good cry because it's a release of emotions, and it helps a lot. you'll see your parents soon, babe. you're making them proud.